Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 1: In the Doug Herbert Race Shop

Left to Right: Ron Wenzel (IRWIN Marketing), Nathan Allen (SkillsUSA Student - Missouri), Scott Gaddy (Crew Chief), Doug Herbert (Top Fuel Driver)

It was quite a first day. I got into Charlotte on Sunday with no problems. I'm disappointed that my buddy, Keith Fritzmeyer, who is a huge race fan, wasn't able to join me. But hopefully these daily posts will keep him updated. I was actually still at the Doug Herbert race shop last night at 7:30, getting ready and cleaning everything. We got the IRWIN scoop on the car and put it on the dolly, so we can get it on the trailer. I learned they run really low compression, then supplement with 50 pounds of boost. They pump approximately 90 gallons per minute through the car. That is an astounding amount of fuel! It was an amazing first day, I can't wait to see what today brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment